In an ongoing effort to stay current with the latest developments in our engineering disciplines, engineers at Harms Engineering, Inc. are active in the following associations. Also listed is a sample list of recent continuing education conferences, seminars and webinars that HEI engineers have attended.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Home Builders Association (HBA)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Structural Engineers Association of Washington (SEAW)
2013 Conferences, Seminars and Webinars:
- "Foundation Engineering and Design" (University of Wisconsin)
- "Seismic Design Using the 2012 IBC and ASCE 7-10" and "Wind Design Using the New Provisions in ASCE 7-10" (SEAW)
- "Seismic Design Manual and Application of the 2010 AISC Seismic Provisions (AISC)
- "Galvanizing Technology Seminar" (SEAW)
- "6th Annual Water Rights Transfers" (The Seminar Group)
- Forensics Engineering Conference (University of Texas at Austin):
- "The Use of Non-Destructive Testing in Forensics"
- "Use of Petrography and other Laboratory Testing in Engineering Forensic Studies"
- "Perils of Superstorm Sandy: Flood, Wind and Fire"
- "Analysis & Repair of Threshold Damage in Wind Impacted Structures"
- "Asphalt Composition Shingle Wind Damage Assessment with Full-Scale Test Assemblies"
- "Forensic Engineering in 3D"
- "Fire Damage to Structural Materials"
- "Forensic Investigation Reports"
- "Engineering Ethics"
2012 Conferences, Seminars and Webinars:
- "Design of Lateral Load Resisting Systems Using Open Web Steel Joists" (Steel Joist Institute
- "CAD Americas 2012" conference (CAD Americas)
- American Water Works Association Annual Conference:
- "Disseminating Small Systems Information: Lessons Learned and Paths Forward"
- "Healthy Bidding: Avoiding the Bid Day Trauma"
- "Techniques and Tools for Maintaining a Distribution System"
- "Distribution System Issues in Small Water Systems"
- "Sustainability Issues in Small Water systems"
- "Treatment for Small Water Systems"
- Forensic Engineering Conference (University of Texas at Austin):
- "Case Histories of Building Failures"
- "Sudden Damage vs. Maintenance Problems in Buildings"
- "Risks in Structural Engineering"
- "Being an Expert Witness"
- "Common Peril Case Studies"